Life Style....This is Me is about the things I do in my life.I paint,Craft,do a little photography,write poetry and stories.I'm a pet blogger with Speedy's blog.I love to cook and try to live a healthy life style and keep relatively fit.And I love to travel whether here in the UK or Abroad. Some of the different things I do doesn't always work out, but that's ok....That's life and it's a journey

Thursday 26 April 2018

My Fitness Journey

Well its been a few weeks since I last posted.....who am I kidding its been a month!On a previous post I talked about the fact I had gotten a fitness tracker/smart watch and that I could stand to lose a few Pounds.Well I kick started things off with a very low calorie diet of 800 calories a day for the first week and yes I lost 4 or 5 lbs that week but it was tough I felt hungry all the time so I upped the calories to 900 a day that was better.That extra 100 calories made a difference to feeling starving hungry all the time to just being peckish from time to time....and that I can live with.The weight lose was then just a couple pounds a week and by the time 3 weeks came I had lost 8.6 pounds.....not bad I thought.
In that time I have also started going swimming twice a week and on my days off I have been going for a 2 mile early morning walk as well so that means I can up my steps target on my smart watch as I am regularly  going over that now....great!Each time I go swimming I increase my distance as well so everything is going well.
This morning I weighed my self and I lost another 8 pounds or so and when I worked it out I have now lost 15 pounds....just over a stone in a month!How did I manage to lose half a stone (8lbs) in a week?God knows except I have been eating a lot of melon and cantaloupe after my meals and when I feel peckish which is only 36 calories per 100g but I also read that its one fruit that actually helps with weight loss.....is this a secret weapon for those who want to lose weight?Who the hell knows....all I know is I wanted to lose a stone before I went on my holiday.I have gone from 12 stone to 10.9 stone which is from 168 pounds to 153 pounds and I still have 6 days to go to lose a bit more.
The question you're all going to ask is am I going to be good on Holiday the answers is I am going to keep to the same portion size and I will do lots of walking and swimming but if I feel like having a treat or a drink then I will and I'm not going to beat my self up over it and as long as my weight stays either the same when I weigh my self before I go or if I only gain a couple of pounds then I'll be happy with that after all I can continue to work towards my goal when I get back....Holidays are after all for enjoying your self!
                                             Till next time
                                                   Rach

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - that is fabulous! I just had another check up with my surgeon. I'm going to start picking up some more miles next week. You have inspired me! Keep up the great work sweet friend <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're my Inspiration as well sweet friend,together we have this,xx Rach

      Delete